RED CROWNED AMAZON HAND-CARVED LINOCUT ILLUSTRATION ART PRINT BY ANNA SEE
This Red Crowned Amazon may be more recognizable to some as a parrot but this art print came about after I heard loud squawking and then subsequently saw a flock of these peculiar birds flowing over my then, apartment building, in Pasadena, CA. I was fascinated. Why are they in Pasadena? How did they get there? I was inspired and this is the result. It is part of an ongoing art series depicting wild birds and is a signed print of a limited edition. The entire series can be viewed on this site.
The original is created with multiple hand-carved linoleum mounted wood blocks, one for each color with as many as six. The colors are mixed and rolled out and printed by hand via careful burnishing with a metal spoon. The finished result is unique and original with no two prints being alike.
- Available as a 5" x 7" Original Linocut printed with oil paint on heavyweight BFK Rives paper
- Available as a Reproduction Giclee print on heavyweight BFK Rives paper in the following sizes:
- 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 9" x 12", 11" x 14", 12" x 16", all with ~ 1/4" deckle edge
- Signed upon purchase
Fits standard size frames and looks especially nice in a larger float frame
- Artist retains all reproduction rights and copyrights.
- Sale does not reflect transfer of copyright.